Site news

Constipation as mind body symptom

Constipation as mind body symptom

by Ann FitzGerald -
Number of replies: 3

Hello.  In addition to my 24-hr a day pain in my back/neck for the past 17 years, I have infrequent bowel movements with hard, lumpy stools (sorry to be so graphic).  I was also bloated a lot until recently when I received some Bowen treatments and began taking some really good probiotics and digestive enzymes.  But my stools continue to be a problem and sometimes I go 5-7 days between movements.  Just like my pain, this problem has started to improve with different treatments but then always defaults to the original habit.  I would like to approach this the same way I am approaching the pain, but the problem is that it causes no discernible symptoms other than at the time of the bm.  But I know that all the time, my colon is contracting irregularly creating the lumpy stools.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to handle this?

In reply to Ann FitzGerald

Re: Constipation as mind body symptom

by Howard Schubiner -

Yes, it's seems silly  to talk to your colon.  However, the approach to your constipation is the same as for pain.  As you relax your mind and the fear gets better, so will the constipation.  Do the usual things recommended for constipation and follow the program. 

Let us know how it goes and feel free to ask other questions.

Best, Howard

In reply to Howard Schubiner

by Frank Barr -

Hi Howard,

What if the subject experiencing sever constipation is only 9?  Dr's have found nothing wrong with her and she has been severely constipated for 6 months.  She is extremely type A, and people pleaser.  Takes her sports extremely seriously and is disappointed to come in second place.  She had stomach pains in the month before this that the ER dr said were "functional pains," implying they were stress related.  She has also suffered from Asthma in the past. 

Thanks for your help.

Frank

In reply to Ann FitzGerald

by Illeana Fernandes -

Constipation seems to have affected every other person, especially those who are living a hard and fast life in urban areas. It is found that our haphazard lifestyle and food habit are highly responsible for causing this condition. Well, it is not worrisome as you can find the effective and prescribed generic medicine online or offline for treating constipation comfortably. You should understand the anatomy of constipation before taking treatment. The food we consume goes through small as well as the large intestine, and after that, it converts into the stool. Both the intestines absorb nutrients of the food in this process. Constipation typically occurs when this process takes more than normal time and stool does not release through colon smoothly. You often complain about acidity and stomachache in this condition. There are various causes for constipation such as – consumption of narcotic pain medicine, dehydration, lack of physical exercise, lack of essential minerals in the diet, excess consumption of oily and fried items etc. People suffering from constipation need not panic as it can be diagnosed by the medical and home solutions. You can get effective generic medicine online on alldaychemsit.com at your comfort. Here you can order the prescription medicines and get them delivered at your doorstep while keeping your identity confidential.