Site news

Need Encouragement

Need Encouragement

by Wendy Jo Joy -
Number of replies: 6

Good Afternoon,

My name is Wendy and I used Dr. Schubiner's program about 6 years ago with incredible, lasting results. I have gained freedom from sciatica, Interstitial Cystitist, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, neck pain, back pain, arm pain, dizziness, and restless leg syndrome. 

Recently, however, restless leg syndrome has come on with a vengenance and I am having such a difficult time overcoming. I make a list of what is burdening me each night before I go to bed then speak strongly to brain that I WILL sleep soundly. I even speak to myself in the mirror. I seem to be stuck, though. I really need a full night's rest! I definitely have come to a place of that horrible 'fearing the symptom'. I got up this morning needing some encouragement!

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Wendy

In reply to Wendy Jo Joy

Re: Need Encouragement

by wanda howe -

I use Natural Calm Magnesium for my restless legs .. 

In reply to wanda howe

by Wendy Jo Joy -

Hi Wanda,

I want to thank you for taking the time to encourage me. I appreciate your advice. I have used magnesium as well but I also want to beat this MBS issue! :)

I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking the time to respond to my plead for encouragement!

Sincerely,

Wendy

In reply to Wendy Jo Joy

by T Fitzpatrick -

Hi,

I know that feeling of being stuck all too well.   Especially when symptoms reoccur.  I have come to these boards with that same request.  Having said that, I am no expert, but I do know that what you are doing in terms of giving yourself new messages is important.   Someone once suggested to me that when I hear an old message like, "this time it won't go away", that I pretend it is on a tape and visualize cutting the tape.

I also find listening to the Mindfulness recordings Dr. Schubiner has does help, too.  I also just read the blog entry  on this site about fear, blog 23, I think.   That helps me, too!

In reply to T Fitzpatrick

by Wendy Jo Joy -

I am so blessed by your encouragement! Thank you so, so very much! I am eager to read on fear... definitely am caught in the cycle of fearing the symptom. I like the visual you shared of cutting the tape. 

Blessings on your journey into wholeness!

With Warm Gratitude,

Wendy

In reply to Wendy Jo Joy

by Alain Rivard -

Hi Wendy,     for me when I can't sleep I just lay there and tell myself ''just rest or just relax'' this way I am not ''pushing'' myself to sleep.

Instead of trying to ''push '' away a thought or physical feeling, I let it sleep with me.

I imagine a folder and file the issue or feeling then place the folder on the shelf. This way I am telling it  that It's ok ,you can stay with me tonight. I am not ignore you, talk to you in the morning.

I will file it as many times as I need. Just nice and easy.    I'm just relaxing and filling.....

Hope you are doing better soon!

Cheers

AL

In reply to Wendy Jo Joy

by Allison J. -

Hi Wendy,

I've definitely had the same issue before!

In fact I had it earlier this year. I spoke to my therapist about it...She told me the story of one of her clients who had terrible RLS. After working on the issue in therapy, the client finally uncovered that the RLS was due to an early trauma with her father. Once she resolved that trauma, the RLS went away.

For me, my therapist asked me: "What do your legs want to do?" My legs felt like they wanted to run a thousand miles. So I started running. It's helped a lot. I have no RLS right now at all.

Best of luck to you!

Allison