Site news

Brain Fog and cognitive symptoms

Brain Fog and cognitive symptoms

by Timm Timmothy -
Number of replies: 3
Are these types of symptoms believed to be in the TMS spectrum? I have had a host of symptoms pop up in my most recent battle.  Lately i notice i am struggling to remember things quickly, not like i used to remember.  A character in a movie, a name of someone i knew of, etc.  very unfamiliarnterritory.
In reply to Timm Timmothy

Re: Brain Fog and cognitive symptoms

by Jason H -

Hi Timm.   I have had some of those same things occur (and in fact still do).  I think all of it, including the TMS portion, is related to anxiety and the tension it causes.  I am still on this journey myself, but I recommend looking at Mel Robbins 5 second rule on youtube, and also the videos on the Resources tab on TheHappinessTrap website.  I am no doctor, but I have a feeling this might help you some.  Best of luck for sure. :)

In reply to Jason H

by Timm Timmothy -

Jason,  

Thank you for the reply and the sugestions.  I appreciate the help.

Timm

In reply to Timm Timmothy

by Howard Schubiner -

Yes, I see brain fog all the time as one of the many manifestations of MBS. It's just another way the brain has of trying to scare you into inaction. Don't be fooled. Your brain is fine and will work as you ignore the fog and relax, letting your brain work as it can.

Best, Howard