Site news

need help/advice

need help/advice

by Luke Pomrink -
Number of replies: 3

hi everyone, i just recently signed up for this site and i was just curious if what i have been suffering from these last few months could be tms. So around 4 months ago i developed a headache that has not let up since then. it varies in intensity from about a 1 to a 5 but it’s never really gone. A month after i developed the headache i then developed tinnitus, but i was taking a few different medications at the time thought, so they may have been the cause for it. the tinnitus has also not gone away. and lastly, a month after i developed the tinnitus, i then developed dizziness, which has been seeming to be progressively getting worse over time, but i don’t know if that’s just because i’ve been too focused on it or if it is because it’s actually getting worse. the dizziness is definitely my most concerning symptom and the one that’s been worrying me the most because it’s not like vertigo where it’s just temporary, it’s just a non-stop feeling off like off-balance and a bit of a spinning sensation as well. I have also suffered from anxiety and ocd most of my life as well. i’m 18 years old by the way.

Now i’ve also been familiar with the tms concept for about a few months now, but i haven’t been able to really speak to anybody that’s familiar with the topic. I’ve read just about everything i can on it and there’s just so many different routes to take for treatment for it. I’m just having trouble with where to start. recently in the last month or so I’ve been trying Alan Gordon’s approach called outcome independence which i believe is where you try to just remain calm/fearless and not pay any attention to your symptoms. I believe that i’ve been fairly successful in not fearing my symptoms but i am so preoccupied with my dizziness that it’s making it really tough. So my two questions are; 1. Do my symptoms sound like they could be tms? and 2. If anyone could give me some tips or just anything that would seem to work for my situation or what worked for you to help you recover, I would greatly appreciate that! 

In reply to Luke Pomrink

Re: need help/advice

by Howard Schubiner -

Yes, your symptoms certainly sound like TMS. I see this all the time. 

Have you seen a doctor and had any testing? It's important to know that it is TMS. So, making sure there is nothing physically wrong is necessary.

If it is TMS, then not fearing the dizziness is just as important as not fearing the headache!!

Does that help?

Best, Howard

In reply to Howard Schubiner

by Lisa P -
Hi Howard,

Thank you for your time

I really want to be hopeful
Please tell me there is a way to resolve this? Can you please share thank you
In reply to Luke Pomrink

by Lisa P -

Hi!
I am suffering from the same thing now for 6 months. Mri is fine and everything else is okay. Doctors said it’s vestibular disequilibrium. I deal with panic attacks and anxiety attacks. What is TMS exercises? I’m trying to be positive and hopeful. I want to believe this can be alleviated and there can be better days? Thank you in advance for responding to my question. Please share if anything has help you. I haven’t found anything yet that has helped but I refuse to live like this due to anxiety...