Site news

Don't understand the directions

Don't understand the directions

by Monica Pasqual -
Number of replies: 4

Hi - I'm excited to be doing this work, I just signed up for the course, finished my preliminary lists and did the first 25 minute writing. (I am a songwriter and teach songwriting classes - I do free-writing with my students in every class, so I absolutely love and believe in this method of tapping into the subconscious).

However, I'm not understanding the directions as to what I'm supposed to do for the rest of this week. Do we pick different items from the lists and do the same exercise each day?

I feel a bit confused by the way the lessons are organized and wonder if it would be better to get the book.  Is that an extra cost? How much? 

Thank you, Monica

PS - I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia - but I have a long history of chronic, mysterious illnesses. I am so ready to feel better. 

In reply to Monica Pasqual

Re: Don't understand the directions

by Lori Ewert -

I agree with you Monica, I am also confused with the way the lessons are organized. 

I would work so hard to understand one link to find it was all explained four links later, but still other confusion. Being in Canada I paid $138.00 ( exchange rate)  for this course but am very sorry I didn’t buy the book instead. I believe the book is only $25.00 and contains pretty much everything if not more that is in the program. It took me forever to save the money for this, I am determined to get through through it, but like I said, I think the book would have been the better option for me. 

I am sure Dr Schubiner will help us with this, he has answered my last two emails. I sure hope it works for you!  All the best! 

In reply to Lori Ewert

by Howard Schubiner -

HI Lori.

If the cost is a hardship for you, I can refund your money. Not a problem at all!

Just let me know.

We can send the book instead.

Best, Howard

In reply to Howard Schubiner

by Lori Ewert -

Hi Dr Schubiner,

Oh I would never expect you to refund my money, however I really, really do wish I had of ordered the book instead. I somehow think it would have been the better option for me. I do not know why I am having such a hard time following the course. But I know I have TMS, I do believe I can and will be healed from your process, I just think I could have followed the book easier. I don’t want to give up on this, because I know I can’t continue to live like I am, and your theory just makes sense. It was just one of a few bad decisions I have made recently and I am probably stressing about that. Lol. ( I mean buying the program instead of the book). I have been doing many  affirmations daily, but admit I was feeling a bit stressed about following the program properly and have not been at it for about five days. But I owe myself to be better and won’t give up.  Thank you.  

In reply to Monica Pasqual

by Howard Schubiner -

Yes, I know that the online course is not as easy to follow as the book.

I usually recommend the book to people. Of course the online course has this forum, which can be of great value.

My suggestion is to do a writing exercise every day (or every other day); picking the same topic or new topics as you see fit.

That's it!!

Do a meditation; do some work to separate from the pain and converse with it.

You'll get better!!

Best, Howard