Site news

over worrying on any health issue

Picture of jenny murry
over worrying on any health issue
by jenny murry - Wednesday, 13 March 2019, 7:02 PM

My pelvic pain has gone but I seem to replace it with worry, worry over my health what if I get blah blah blah and it goes on and on.

Anyone else going through this .....

Picture of Dianna Cunningham
Re: over worrying on any health issue
by Dianna Cunningham - Wednesday, 13 March 2019, 11:26 PM

Jenny: great job on reducing the pelvic pain! Please know that constantly worrying about pain in other areas is so completely normal. We all do it until we get to the point where we just don’t care anymore. It’s sometimes a long process but try to just notice any new symptoms and say to yourself “Hello new TMS symptoms!” And then try to relax and not freak out. Most of us have had pain everywhere or at least in many places. 

It’s a journey. And we’re all with you! Good luck.

Picture of jenny murry
by jenny murry - Thursday, 14 March 2019, 7:33 AM

Dianna thank you for replying.  It’s not so much pain but thoughts for example a headache brain cancer, a shoulder pain is breast cancer,  cannot have twinge and not think the worst.   I know I have replaced the pelvic pain for this and will indeed work on it as I did before.

I just wondered if anyone else has experience of this t.m.s. 

Have a lovely day  Dianna ❤️

Picture of jenny murry
by jenny murry - Thursday, 14 March 2019, 9:05 AM

My fears are deep because when I was diagnosed with pelvic pain I was told to live with it, no consultants helped it was a horrific time, and I never want to go through it again. 10 years of despair searching for answers.

Love to all 

Picture of Howard Schubiner
by Howard Schubiner - Thursday, 21 March 2019, 9:32 PM

Thanks Jerry and Diana.

The brain has many ways to alert/alarm, scare us, including pain, fatigue, depression, anxiety, insomnia, itching, etc. And it also has thinking, i.e., scary thoughts. This is common; I see it all the time.

Fortunately, as Diana pointed out, the treatment is the same: know that these are just thoughts, not reality, nothing more than your brain trying to scare you in a different way.

You'll be fine. You can suppress the thoughts or prevent them; they are normal. You can learn to respond to them without fear.

Best, Howard