Site news

Do I have TMS

Do I have TMS

by claudine coghlan -
Number of replies: 4

HI I am new to this site. I have had pain for 20 years. It started with neck pain and after being told I had a herniated disc on C5/6 I had minify  invasive surgery. Thought the disc looked fine the pain stayed and I started having weird pain numbness and tingling through out my body . The doctors said I could have MS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia but after months of tests they could not find anything and just said it must be fibromyalgia.  I was so scared those months that I developed chronic anxiety. I cannot take medications I do not do well with anything. Through out the years I have had continued neck pain, back pain, tmj, tension headaches , si joint pain , lately vulvodynia and even IBS at times. I seem to get a little better and worse but its never gone. At night my arms and legs can feel numb. My herniated disc came back on the right side now of the same disc but the pain really was not better when the disc looked great plus I have all the other symptoms. I am a worry wart type of person. I am hyper and high strung and my feelings get hurt easily.  When ever I talk to a doctor they comment that i am very anxious sounding. I know I have this type of personality. I get stressed very easily and I worry and think about my pain a lot. I worry that I won't ever get better. I have been seeing a therapist who told me to read Dr. Sarnos book and it does sound like me but I really don't know if that is the reason or if there is something really bad wrong with me that they just have not found out. I am desperate. I have tried to have a more positive attitude but when the pain gets bad I just can't help but think the worst and worry.  do I sound like I have TMS? I just don't know what to do? Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I will never had a normal life and honestly don't know what it feels like to not have pain. I can't even take motrin to take the edge off things since it hurts my stomach. 

In reply to claudine coghlan

Re: Do I have TMS

by Matt Bartnick -

Try the program. It's working for me and i'm only two weeks in. I felt the same way you did. I was 2 days away from scheduling surgery again. Thank God I didn't! 

In reply to Matt Bartnick

by claudine coghlan -

Thanks for replying. I have read Dr. Sarnos book and i just ordered think away your pain. What seems to help you the most. ?  Does my symptoms sound like TMS to you ? I know I am a worrier and high strung and I have issues with muscle tension in different parts of my body and all ailments Dr. Sarno talks about in his book. I am trying not to stress but the pain causes me to worry more. I have had my doctors at Kaiser say that my anxiety is causing my pain issues. 

In reply to claudine coghlan

by Howard Schubiner -

Hi Claudine. 

Thanks so much for joining us here and for writing in.

I have been doing this work for 16 years and I have seen a lot of people with TMS/MBS. And I am very careful to look for any purely physical problems that people might have. And I am very careful to not tell someone they have TMS/MBS if I have any doubts about that.

Fortunately, I can tell you with 100% certainly that you do have TMS/MBS. It is completely clear to me based upon your description. There is nothing else that can cause these wide variety of symptoms and that the doctors have not found the cause and it has lasted this long!! 

You can rest assured that you have this and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you physically!!

Now, take a breath and reread these material knowing that. Start on this work gradually at your own pace but with the confidence that you have MBS and you are going to get better.

OK?
Best, Howard

In reply to Howard Schubiner

by claudine coghlan -

Thanks so much for your reply. I just also finished the book think away your pain that my therapist recommended I read. I always just thought I had fibromyalgia since the symptoms fit but I have noticed it sounded very much like TMS . I have had so many weird symptoms over the years and nobody could help me. I have tried so many things from acupuncture, physical therapy, botox shots but not much helps but the botox a bit since it relaxes the muscle on the side and back of my head. I have a bit of a bad disc as I said on my neck but even when the disc was looking good the pain was really bad and the doctors just said it was myofacial pain. I had severe tmj jaw pain but the jaw was perfect till they gave me 2 cortisone shots which caused the disc to go out of place and flatten but the pain was even worse when it was perfect. I have dry eyes and mouth but no sjogrens . I have no ANA or sed rate of c reactive protein and blood tests look fine. I have pain in my SI joint after a fall but the MRI looks perfect. I get very worried and upset and I do focus on the pain. I have gotten better on vacation at times in the past. I am so sick of suffering for 20  years now. I am desperate. I am having a hard time not thinking of the pain since I do it for a few days and don't feel better and get discouraged. How much time does it take? There have been instances were a doctor said I had nothing wrong and the pain went away a day later but it always comes back. I don't keep things inside in fact I am very verbal about anything I am upset about as my husband says I have diarrhea of the mouth haha. 

Would I go on this website and just start with a particular thing?