Site news

Which book should I get for anxiety/depression?

Picture of zach smith
Which book should I get for anxiety/depression?
by zach smith - Sunday, 30 September 2018, 5:18 PM

I’ve had chronic lower back pain for years that I was able to cure using dr. Sarno’s Healing Back Pain book. Now I’m having anxiety/depression related symptoms such as headache, dizziness, minor stomach heaviness, and minor upper buttock numbness. I am confident my issue is TMS as none of my Doctors can find anything physically wrong. Which of Dr. Shubiner’s “Kindle Version” books should I get, Unlearn your pain or Unlearn your anxiety? Would either one work? Is there a book that deals with both simultaneously? Or should I just sign up for one of his online courses? 

Picture of Howard Schubiner
Re: Which book should I get for anxiety/depression?
by Howard Schubiner - Thursday, 11 October 2018, 3:50 PM

Great questions, Zach.

Any of these options will do; they are all basically the same anyway.

It just depends if you want to read a book and learn more about pain or about anxiety and depression in the first half of the book. The second half of both books are identical; i.e., the self-guided recovery program.

If you want both, you can get a kindle version of either one that just covers the first 5 chapters; then get the whole version (either ebook or hard copy) of the other one.

The online program is the same material, but just in an online version and there is also the community forum on the online program for questions and support.

Does that help?

Best, Howard

Picture of Timm Timmothy
Re: Which book should I get for anxiety/depression?
by Timm Timmothy - Saturday, 20 October 2018, 12:13 PM

Hi Zach,

Read your post and wonder how you are doing?