Site news

Worksheets online?

Picture of Arnie Harchik
Worksheets online?
by Arnie Harchik - Monday, 22 January 2018, 2:34 AM

Hi.  

I own a print copy of 'Unlearn Your Pain.'  If possible I would prefer to type all my writing exercises rather than handwrite in the book.  Are there any worksheets online I could use?  Maybe text documents or spreadsheets?  Would buying the e-book version give me this option?  

Thanks so much.

-Arnie

Picture of Howard Schubiner
Re: Worksheets online?
by Howard Schubiner - Tuesday, 23 January 2018, 2:52 AM

HI Arnie.

I don't have the forms online. They are included in the eBooks and you could download those pages I believe, but I"m not sure if eBooks allow copying and pasting of the book. I just checked online and I guess you can copy and paste some parts of a book (up to 20% or so).

Or you can just write on paper or on your computer using the forms as a guide.

Best, Howard

Picture of Arnie Harchik
by Arnie Harchik - Tuesday, 23 January 2018, 3:16 PM

No problem.  I figured it was worth asking.  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  And for the book!!!

Picture of Mary W.
by Mary W. - Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:13 AM

I'm just starting out and really confused.  I did not purchase a hard copy book as it seemed it was not needed when utilizing the online version, however the video's and directions on the outline version repeatedly refer to a "workbook". Are these the forms in PDF format? Am I then suppose to download and then print all the form? If so that is a great deal of printing and I'm only on Topic one so is there a workbook I can purchase or is that essential what is in the hard copy book? 

Picture of Dianna Cunningham
by Dianna Cunningham - Sunday, 4 February 2018, 5:44 PM

Mary I think the hard copy book is what’s being referred to. Don’t stress yourself out about getting the hard copy book. I had both the book and did the online course and never printed anything out or wrote in the book! I simply did everything on a large thick pad that I bought at the office supply house.

You can see what Howard says but don’t get all worried about it. Just write the exercises out and go from there. And don’t put pressure on yourself to go quickly. For some of us there’s so much stuff to write out it can be overwhelming.

Picture of Mary W.
by Mary W. - Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:10 PM

Thanks so much Diane!  I appreciate your making this so clear and will take your advice and use a notebook using the online materials as reference.

Picture of Dianna Cunningham
by Dianna Cunningham - Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:05 AM

You’re so welcome! Let me know how you’re doing! I’ve been using tms principles for several years now and there is really excellent information here. For me it’s been an incredible journey and everyone on this site has been so helpful. I wish you peace and healing on your path.

Picture of Selva McKinn
by Selva McKinn - Monday, 19 February 2018, 3:24 PM

I have the book version and on Kindle. I don't write in the book. I have a file in my computer and I organize everything in word. Week 1 I put W1 and I have a blank for every exercise. I also do subfolders if needed. I do read thoroughly the explanation, several times until I understand how it is done. I make slight changes,  but if I can't finish all in a day I don't worry and follow the next day. I had lost the CD, so now Dr. Schubiner kindly gave me the password and now I can listen to the weekly meditations every day on my phone, which is very useful. I type very fast, so I try to do everything in writing. The first week I did ISTDP, which was very helpful then but now I use the writing method and it is working better for me. I do a lot of breathing and imaginary when I'm writing. My pain hasn't diminished but I'm hanging in there because I know my pain will stop once I keep doing this program. Good luck!

Picture of Mary W.
by Mary W. - Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 8:46 AM

Thank you.  I actually developed BPPV and returning vertigo, which I've learned is a common illness with MBS, and have had to stop any extra computer/reading for several weeks and am ready to "come back" to the program.

Before the vertigo I did as Dianna suggested and write in a separate notebook using the online forms as a guide. I actually found the first week writing exercises and meditations very powerful and in fact stopped the BPPV for me. (Second occurence of vertigo is apparently due to inner ear inflammation after a cold but now that I know I little I'm not discounting MBS:). I also feel that other pain has already diminished and I am grateful to hear of Dianna's experience so glad you are hanging in there- me too!