Site news

Headaches and pain behind eyes.

Picture of Supriya Jadhav
Headaches and pain behind eyes.
by Supriya Jadhav - Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 12:23 PM

Hello people,

I am just in week one of this course. Have been struggling with constant pain in head and eye on one side. This started after I gave birth to my daughter. I was trying to be perfectionist and overprotective . After trying various treatments came across Tms a year ago. Immediately my pain shifted to my heel. Now i am having pain of medium intensity at both the places.. I tried monte hueftle online course too before this.. But somehow I am not able to break the pain cycle. Low intensity pain is always there. Sometimes it shoots to a level of 8-9. I am trying to find the connection., but how do I break this pain cycle..

Picture of Howard Schubiner
Re: Headaches and pain behind eyes.
by Howard Schubiner - Wednesday, 31 May 2017, 3:50 PM

Hi Supriya and thanks for writing.

You break the pain cycle by knowing for 100% that the pain (all of the pain) is due to neural pathways in the brain. These pathways are fueled by fear; fear of pain, fear of the future, fear of not getting better and fear of any issues in your life.

Turn off the fear by knowing that your are fine physically; that there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Turn off the fear by simply watching the pain as it comes and goes, shifts and moves as this is all controlled by your brain. Observe the pain and watch your anxiety about it. Separate from it by observing without attachment to it or worry about it. As you do this, the pain will shift, increase, decrease, move, and do all sorts of things. Just keeping watching without fear. Keep reminding yourself that you are find and will be fine.

This takes the fuel of fear away.

Let us know if you need help or have other questions.

Best, Howard

Picture of leslie fry
by leslie fry - Sunday, 4 June 2017, 2:08 AM

Hello!

My TMS started the same way.  I wanted to be the perfect mother and have worked myself into a knot.  The fact that you realize it is the first step in letting go.

All the worry I did also transferred to my child.  You must let go.  He or she will be fine, and worry only reduces your ability to be truly helpful when your child does need you.  Over protecting them only makes them uncertain about their abilities and anxious.

I believe that it is our own acceptance of our lack of control over life so we find peace.  Self care is critical  as well.

Trying to break the pain only serves to make it worse.  Accepting it and getting on with life helps so much.  All your worry about your child has suppressed a lot of energy within you.  That energy will come out as pain, or you can do the writing and practicing letting go.

You can do this!

Leslie 

Picture of Supriya Jadhav
by Supriya Jadhav - Monday, 5 June 2017, 4:57 AM

Thanks Leslie.. I have somehow stopped worrying now.. or even thinking what others think.. which I use to do a lot before.. but my anxiety somehow does not go away. Before I use to worry about newborn, now I worry about my new business. I think it's in my personality to keep worrying about something or other. To get out of my mind and pain thing I started this new venture which is going on pretty well but I can't stop unnecessarily thinking and worrying about future. I just want to get over with everything fast.  Which gets me anxious and pain starts. It's quite tricky how all this has starred. I never remember being this way before..

Picture of Saoirse C.
by Saoirse C. - Tuesday, 29 August 2017, 7:48 PM

Hi there just saw your post I too have developed headaches and pain behind my right eye and I am sure it is TMS it was great to see your post and realise that these symptoms are out there happening to other people with TMS. Good Luck